Africa 2025 at EPCOT

© Copyright 2008 Tink *~*~*

06132009724-WDW-EPCOT-Africa-2025-shirtI saw this shirt while browsing the Outpost in the World Showcase at EPCOT a couple of weeks ago. I almost bought it, but then decided that I have enough Disney t-shirts hanging in my closet just now and perhaps I should practice a little consumer restraint ;) Quit feeling my forehead, I’m fine! LOL!

Anyhow, I snapped a pic to remind myself to google and see if I could figure out what’s up with peace, Africa, and 2025. Turns out it refers to a study that’s recently been published, which sets forth three possible scenarios for where Africa will be by 2025, pending decisions made and actions taken TODAY. I found the report fascinating. If you want to download and read it yourself, or just become familiar with the project, click this link – UNAIDS – Africa 2025

RubyTuesdayLogoRELATED POSTS:
My previous Ruby Tuesday posts
Visit other Ruby Tuesday participants

That way, you’ll never miss a post. :)

17 comments for “Africa 2025 at EPCOT

1. June 29, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Interesting that you thought to google this shirt and find out about the project. I wonder where the U.S. will be in 2025 depending on decisions made by our government.

2. June 29, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Interesting. I can’t believe you didn’t buy the shirt though.

3. June 29, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Snowbird, right? LOL! I can’t believe I didn’t buy it, either. I don’t know what’s come over me. Maybe I just don’t feel like buying ANOTHER package of hangers.

Janie, interesting question! I haven’t heard of any studies like this before, so I don’t know if there’s an answer to your question. I’d love to find out, though!

4. Jim
    June 29, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Hey Tink, did Google tell you to ‘send money?’ If they didn’t and/or you aren’t then you can help the polar bears. Those poor guys are headed for extinction as we know them. Global warming is melting the ice so it isn’t usable to them.
    BTW, the link you left with Mary doesn’t go to a posted blog. Just a blank page except for your header and the message saying “Not Found
    Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.”
    I stripped the frills off and it came right to your latest blog, this one.
    :-)

5. June 29, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Thanks for the tip about the link, Jim – I went and left a corrected one. That was weird! =8^0

6. June 29, 2009 at 10:03 pm

Nice graphic, with just the right touch of red. Have a great RT.

7. June 30, 2009 at 2:21 am

I’m having trouble even figuring out where I would be in 2010!!! *lol*

8. June 30, 2009 at 4:14 am

You never cease to amaze me. I think you know more about stuff than anyone else I know. So that is what it is like to have the time to continually educate yourself. Nice.

9. June 30, 2009 at 5:31 am

You are so like me. Maybe it is Disney that did that to me? I am always seeing things and googling it! It’s a great shirt, thanks for the info!

10. June 30, 2009 at 7:32 am

Google is definitely our friend :)

11. June 30, 2009 at 9:19 am

You are amazing. I’d have forgotten to google by the time I got home. Some great information there. I loved the touch of red in the t-shirt.

12. June 30, 2009 at 9:20 am

So does Disney pay you to come every day and take photos? You find more variety there than anyone I know — and my sister lives there! The whole Africa thing — I’ll look at the report later. Some friends of mine have been involved in looking at this process through three lenses. Both are military professionals, both are aviators (Africa is vast) and both are devout Christians. One spent a lot of time in Africa as a youngster…so lots of perspective. I’ll alert them to the site too! Thanks for informing us.

13. June 30, 2009 at 9:35 am

Mary, I think I probably would have forgotten, had I not snapped the photo. I’m finding that my camera phone is very useful that way, for reminding me of stuff.

southlakesmom, I only WISH Disney paid me to do this! But it’s actually just a labor of love. People are not often consciously aware of the details at Disney, but I find it’s those very details which enhance our experiences there, and that are missed/lacking when visiting non-Disney theme parks.

14. June 30, 2009 at 9:52 am

Nice shot. More importantly thanks for the link!

15. June 30, 2009 at 11:07 am

Nice shot!
    And I agree with Jams, more importantly thanks for the link! :)

16. amanda (my new site)
    June 30, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Very cool shirt there! just so ya know your link on Mary’s Ruby link is not working…

17. June 30, 2009 at 5:06 pm

The symbol on the shirt is a sort of ‘V’ for victory. Who would believe you were there if you don’t wear the tee?