A surprise on the rose walk

© Copyright 2008 Tink *~*~*
click the photos to see larger versions in Flickr

IMG_3488-WDW-EPCOT-rosebuds
:) I have discovered the macro setting on my camera! And not only do I know where it is, I actually remember to use it on occasion. During a stroll on the rose walk in EPCOT this past spring, I noticed that I was in the presence of some of the smallest critters on Disney property – aphids on the roses. If you click this photo, it will take you to Flickr where you can view all sizes, including the one that will show you teeny tiny green and white critters on these rosebuds. I am pretty sure the green ones are aphids. Does anyone know what the white critters are?

IMG_3487-WDW-EPCOT-rose-walk
While there were plenty of buds, there were also plenty of blooms in April. It was April 24th, to be exact, and although the magnolias and the gardenias were disappointingly barren, the rose walk was VERY satisfying, with fat blooms sprinkled throughout. Definitely a feast for the eyes!

IMG_3477-WDW-EPCOT-rose-walk-Tronorail
As I was standing there in the middle of the Rose Walk fiddling with the camera – “Oooo, what does THIS button do?”, LOL – I heard a familiar “shhhhhhhush!” sound and looked up just in time to catch the Tronorail passing by overhead. The subject of great debate throughout the many Disney internet communities, the Tronorail has both its fans and its detractors. I don’t really have an opinion as to whether or not monorails should be turned into advertisements for Disney products. As long as it isn’t garrishly ugly to look at, I’m fine with it. The Tronorail is my favorite color, so I guess that means I like it. I did find myself repeatedly looking for it during my last few trips to Orlando, and was disappointed when it WASN’T the Tronorail passing overhead. Yeah, I guess I like it ;)

How about you – what’s your opinion of the Tronorail?

[polldaddy poll=3433313]

OutdoorWednesdayLogo WateryWednesdayBadge WordlessWednesdayBadge

You want me to be happy, don’t you?
DON’T YOU? ;)

9 comments for “A surprise on the rose walk

1. July 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm

your macro shots are crisp and vibrant.

2. Reba
    July 6, 2010 at 8:11 pm

The close up of the open rose is fantastic! And pink is my favorite color! The photo looks very professional —-> runs off to look at macro setting on her camera……

3. July 6, 2010 at 8:12 pm

The white critters were probably aphids. Love your pictures. The colors are very vibrant!

4. July 6, 2010 at 8:22 pm

One pink rose—
    the secrets it knows
    it won’t tell.

Gliding through the Locks

5. July 6, 2010 at 9:16 pm

You did a great job with your camera. I just have a digital but it has macro feature that I have recently learned to use. I love my little camera and carry it with me at all times. You are doing very well with ours.

6. July 6, 2010 at 11:34 pm

I like the tonorail…I would ride it, if I had the chance.
    Joyce

7. July 7, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I thought that the white ones were the aphids. Am I wrong? Regarding the tonorail, I suppose it’s a good way to move people around the park and I bet the kids enjoy riding on it.

Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

8. July 7, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Love your lovely roses. The macro setting is tricky but it can be awesome. I am not well versed on bugs that attack roses. I just know I want them dead. HA!.

I have not been to Disney for some time. I have no idea what a tonorail is. A people mover I suspect.

Have a wonderful day Tink.
    Hugs, Jeanne

9. July 8, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Your rose photos are great!! Don’t know what the white thingies are but I used to know all that stuff..LOL

I’m visiting for Outdoor Wednesday….Have a wonderful day,