Quirky Queen Sure Is Mean

© Copyright 2010 Tink *~*~*

030720102668-WDW-EPCOT-Red-QueenJohnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter have worked together on some strange films – Sweeney Todd, The Corpse Bride and recently, Disney’s update to Robert Louis Stevenson’s Alice in Wonderland. It’s not surprising that they’ve frequently worked together. Just as Johnny Depp has been making his career out of playing idiosyncratic characters, Helena Bonham Carter seems to be making a career out of playing mean girls. Her ongoing turn as Bellatrix LeStrange in the Harry Potter series seems destined to cement her image in our minds as a wild-eyed (not to mention the hair!) hellion bent on evil and destruction.

030720102670-WDW-EPCOT-Alice-toteI’m looking forward to seeing her reprise the role when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 hits the theaters next week. Here she is pictured as the Red Queen on a few pieces of merchandise found at MouseGear in Walt Disney World’s EPCOT theme park. I like the trick of the red heart superimposed over her lips. The heart makes it appear as though she is pursing, but if you look closely at the line of her lips, they are in repose and not pursed at all. Neat trick!

rubytuesday badge smallClick the photos to see if a larger version is available in Flickr
CLICK for my previous Ruby Tuesday posts
Visit other Ruby Tuesday participants

That way, you’ll never miss a post. :)

6 comments for “Quirky Queen Sure Is Mean

1. November 8, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I so love the make-up of the Queen and wanted one of the girls to be her for Halloween, but they thought I was crazy. I did see where one of my adult friends were at a party and someone was the Queen. Too fun!

Side note…I figured out what to do when all your photos are skinny slivers I can’t see. Just open you in firefox and it works fine. Internet Explorer seems to be working less and less. My sons school website won’t work in it either.

2. Mari Mari Quite Contrary
    November 8, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Helena Bonham Carter is on my list of famous people I’d like to have a coffee and chat with – I think she’s wonderful.

One of the reasons I admire her because she and Tim Burton have separate homes that have a connecting doorway – because they don’t feel they can actually live together. Not everyone’s cup of tea, I know – and many couldn’t afford it even if they wanted to do it – but I think it would be conducive to an ideal relationship! :D

3. November 8, 2010 at 1:47 pm

@Gayle, wow I’m glad you’ve got that figured out! IE is a chore and a plague. Have you tried Chrome? Just an alternative on the outside chance you end up not liking Firefox (me, I LOVE it).

@Mari, I’d read about that cohabitation solution and thought it was remarkably similar to my Valentine’s Day rant about separate living quarters – women and children in one cave, Thor and the rest of the Neanderthals out killing deer, drinking beer and tellin’ lies ;) A Fez House, a la EPCOT’s Morocco, would be very handy for this purpose!

*~*~*

4. November 8, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I can’t see the photos :(. Just a skinny little bar on the side.

———————————–
    My photography is available for purchase – visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

5. Mari Mari Quite Contrary
    November 8, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Yes, Gayle, I highly recommend Firefox – as Tink says. However, my computer is older (I will be buying a new one in the next few months) and so I currently use Chrome. Chrome takes up MUCH less space on the old HD – yet it is quite user friendly.

6. November 8, 2010 at 7:48 pm

The look of evil is here, but with a hint of passivity. Almost like Cruella de Vil, minus the maniacal smile and ever present cigarette holder. Our subject does have quite the ruby curls, perfect for RT!