Tinker Bell’s friend Lizzy

Tinker Bell’s friend Lizzy, originally uploaded by Erin *~*~*.

I think I am turning into my grandmother, God rest her soul. Nanny was quite devoted, in her later years, to a Cabbage Patch doll, which she officially adopted with paperwork and everything. I am probably similarly destined to become a doll-devotional.

I have never even seen the Disney film in which my beloved Tinker Bell and this "Lizzy" become BFFs, yet I rescued this doll from a lonely fate. For months and months, she has been languishing on the same shelf in Target, the last of her kind, unpurchased, unloved, unwavering in her green-eyed, wistfully hopeful gaze. Each time I headed down that aisle (and WHY was I headed down a toy aisle, hmm?), I thought for sure she would be gone, happily transported home in the arms of some thrilled little person who would love her to pieces. Each time, although surprised and unhappy to see her in the same spot, I told myself that if she was still there next time, I’d take action.

It’s not right, I tell ya. I have had enough of "next time". NOW is "next time". I had to rescue her.

You would not believe how many friends she’s gonna have to play with here in the house with no children. Someday, I shall do a pictorial on the contents of the toy hamper that lives in my office here at home. In the meantime – welcome home, Lizzy! :)

10 comments for “Tinker Bell’s friend Lizzy

1. December 1, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I don’t know the story either, but I think Lizzy is beautiful. You are a kind soul for bringing her home with you. =)

2. December 1, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Thanks, Mare. She was seriously sitting there for MONTHS waiting for someone to take her home. What else could I do?

*~*~*

3. December 1, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Very cute. I’ll need to look for one for my granddaughter, she is also a Tink fan and I’ve never seen the Lizzy doll here. (I have seen the movie, of course!)

4. December 1, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I’ll bet she could have some adventures on Sanibel with Puffin!

5. December 1, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Oh Kim, you haven’t seen what Puffin does to his toys =8^0

*~*~*

6. December 1, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Gail, for reference, Target had her for $24 and I’ve seen her on Amazon for $37. Judging from the scarcity of the doll – only one left at my Target, for months and months – I’d say there’s a little supply and demand going on!

*~*~*

7. MariBee
    December 2, 2011 at 12:49 am

I know that Lizzy met Tink BEFORE Wendy and her brothers, not AFTER, but that’s the only part I know.

Anyway, cute doll, and if it kept calling to you – it’s right that you bought it. :)

8. December 2, 2011 at 5:47 pm

So wonderful that you rescued her from a life of lonliness. :)

9. December 2, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Interesting factoid – thanks! I think I know a six year old living on Da Loverly Isle of Long who might own this movie. I think I will ask her at Christmas time.

*~*~*

10. December 2, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I know you would have done the same, Gayle – ok, so maybe she would have required four legs instead of two for you to rescue her, but rescue her you would have! LOL ;)

*~*~*