© Copyright 2008 Tink *~*~*
Notes about Disney’s UP! (one year late)
I was in Walt Disney World on June 14th 2009; I’d taken a professional certification exam the day before in Orlando and stayed the weekend to browse the parks. Well, it was so hell hot, I decided to cool off by taking myself to the AMC theaters in Downtown Disney. Pixar’s UP! was playing there, and I loved it. I made notes of my favorite parts and quotes… and then promptly lost the post! For some reason, I dated it June 14th 2010 instead of 2009, so it’s been sitting all this time waiting to auto-post. Anyhow, other than this little introduction, I’m not altering the post – however it was written, that’s how it was written!
I would, however, love to hear YOUR impressions of the film one year later – comments, please!
- Ellie had a book called “My Adventures”. I have a website called “My Adventures“
- “It’s like America – only, south!”
- Females are drawn like the females in BOLT – in this way, animators create “cousins” across films. Check the females in The Incredibles too. Check animators of various films, who was in charge of which characters.
- Amused by use of Bizet’s “Habanera” when he was coming down the stairs in his elevator chair
- Second time in 24 hours I saw someone make a “w” with their fingers. Saw Cameron Diaz do it in “The Sweetest Thing” the night before
- Little touches, like when the bad guy in the suit puts his hand possessively on the picket fence post
- Stuff I’m going to do “someday” was on these pages – sometimes, you get a big, fat NO from the Universe.
- I heard the Miss Gulch bicycle music in my head as the house was tossed about by the storm
- Another Wizard of Oz parallel – “it was in my own backyard at one point but I didn’t realize it at the time” – dreams of “someday” – sometimes you don’t realize it, but “someday” is NOW.
- There’s no place like home – Ellie IS home, the physical location is irrelevant.
- Little kid stuff – knee, elbow, another of the little touches.
- “I do I do I do ever so want the ball.”
- “Tents are HARD!”
- “I like you temporarily.”
- “I will stop the dogs – stop, you dogs!”
- “It is funny because the squirrel gets dead.”
- “I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most… I like that curb.”
- Clinging to the dream can be the wrong priority. But how to know if let go or hold on? LOOK FOR SIGNS.
- Dogs playing poker – great pop culture iconic reference 🙂
- Old creaky warriors – flying dentures – make me bust up laughing 🙂
- House disappears into the ether – home just alive in memories now (but Ellie made sure it landed where it was supposed to land)
- HAPPY ENDING 🙂 I wish!
“Adventure is out there!”
Subscribe to My Mobile Adventures *~*~*
That way, you’ll never miss a post. 🙂